Saturday, July 6, 2013

Adjusting to Colorado

It's been quite an adventure getting settled into our new apartment.  The rental market is ULTRA tight (some cities have less than 5% vacancy) and that meant living in a hotel for a few weeks.  Believe me when I say that it's an experience I NEVER care to repeat.  As you can see below, our room was in a constant state of mess (BTW, that's Craig's tent covered in sheets in the background).
After a few weeks in a less than 300 sq ft hotel room our apartment feels like a giant palace.  I was so desperate for organization and order I had our entire home unpacked and decorated within two days.
Additionally we live in one of the most bike-friendly cities in America now, and we're LOVING it.  Bob is biking to work and I'm biking to the grocery store. 
Along the way Craig will announce what vehicles he sees:  "Car!  Truck!  Motorcycle!"  We'll provide faded verbal prompts (his ABA therapists would be so proud to see me use that term correctly) to expand his one word phrase into an entire sentence: "I see blue truck!"  

1 comment:

  1. It also must be a relief being above ground, you had a very nice place in SLC and I loved it but it must be nice to see things out the window. Love the pix of you and Craig on the bike all smiles

    ReplyDelete